List of Priority Projects (LOPP)
The List of Priority Projects (LOPP) is a document that all Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) are required to develop annually. The LOPP represents the unfunded transportation improvements that were not programmed for the following five year period, in order of priority. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) uses each MPO’s LOPP to aid in their decisions as to which projects should be added to their Work Program each year. The Lake~Sumter MPO approves its LOPP annually.
Each Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is required to develop a List of Priority Projects (LOPP), in coordination with the FDOT District Planning staff, and to submit the list to the District by September 1 of each year. The LOPP represents those projects that have not yet been programmed but are considered high priorities by the MPO.
The MPO’s LOPP must be formally reviewed by the technical and citizens’ advisory committees and approved by the MPO before being transmitted to the District. In addition, all major capacity projects on the priority list, with the exception of Florida Intrastate Highway System (FIHS) and bridge replacement projects, should be screened under the Efficient Transportation Decision Making (ETDM) process (programming screen), prior to being transmitted.
Projects from the LOPP are included in the FDOT Work Program to the maximum extent feasible. Any significant disputes identified during the ETDM programming screen will be resolved prior to adding the priority project to the Work Program. The District will coordinate with the MPO to resolve any significant issues pertaining to projects on the MPO priority list pursuant to the ETDM dispute resolution process.
The District’s review of the MPO’s List of Priority Projects should ascertain that, at a minimum, it considers the following: the MPO’s approved Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), the Strategic Intermodal System (SIS) Plan, the priorities developed pursuant to the Transportation Regional Incentive Program (TRIP), and the MPO’s public involvement procedures.
- 2022 LOPP Guidance – Provides an overview of the process, schedule, and guidance to submit projects for the 2022 LOPP. Please read carefully before submitting a project.
- 2021 LOPP Kickoff Webinar Recording (November 20, 2020)
- 2022 LOPP Project Screening Form – Submit a completed copy of this PDF form for each project that your local government wants to include in the 2022 LOPP. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of January 7, 2022.
- LSMPO Project Sufficiency Checklist – Provides a list of detailed information that will be needed for any project that advances beyond screening. Before submitting a Project Screening Form, preview this list to determine whether your agency will be able to provide the complete information that might later be required for a full Project Information Application.
- 2022 List of Priority Projects - Adopted June 22, 2022
- 2021 List of Priority projects - Adopted June 23, 2021, Amended October 27, 2021
- 2021 List of Priority Projects - Top 20, Amended October 27, 2021
- 2020 List of Priority Projects (1.46 MB)
- 2020 List of Priority Projects - Top 20
- 2018 List of Priority Projects (1.46 MB)
- List of Priority Projects 2020/21 - 2039/40, Adopted April 27, 2016 (906 KB)
- 2017 List of Priority Projects (1.14 MB)
- 2017 List of Priority Projects - Adopted April 26, 2017 (947 KB)
- List of Priority Projects 2020/21 - 2034/35, Adopted June 10, 2015
- List of Priority Projects 2018/19 - 2034/35 - Amended Jan. 22, 2014 (1 MB)
- List of Priority Projects 2018/19 - 2034/35 (1 MB)
- List of Priority Projects 2017/18 - 2034/35 - Amended Dec. 5, 2012 (756 KB)
- List of Priority Projects 2017/18 - 2034/35 (1 MB)
- List of Priority Projects 2016/17 - 2034/35 (807 KB)
- List of Priority Projects 2015/16 - 2025/26 (198 KB)
- List of Priority Projects 2014/15 - 2024/25 (198 KB)
- List of Priority Projects 2013/14 (179 KB)
- List of Priority Projects 2012/13 (877 KB)
- List of Project Priorities 2011/12 (124 KB)
- List of Project Priorities 2010/11 (17 KB)
- List of Project Priorities 2009/10 (21 KB)