As the lead agency for regional transportation planning, the MPO is responsible for the planning of several modes of transportation.
The Lake-Sumter MPO seeks to improve transportation in both counties for all modes of travel, including mass transit, walking, bicycling, rail, air, as well as the automobile. The MPO prioritizes capital improvements to address the counties' travel needs and allocates federal funding to implement the projects as identified in the LRTP and the TIP.
Review the following document types as they relate to our planning efforts.
- Long Range Transportation Plan
- Unified Planning Work Program
- Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- Public Participation Plan
- List of Priority Projects (LOPP)
- Transit Development Plan (TDP)
- Regional Freight Plan
- FDOT Five-Year Work Program
- Transportation Management Systems
- Transit Planning Documents