Regional Transportation Summit
Building a Path to Regional Partnerships
A contingency of representatives from Lake, Marion and Sumter counties signed a tri-county transportation initiative for the Lady Lake-Villages area.
More than 100 transportation planners and policymakers turned out for the Lake-Sumter Metropolitan Planning Organization’s (MPO) first hosted “Transportation Summit.”
The theme of the 2005 Summit was "building regional partnerships." The idea behind the Regional Transportation Summit was to invite all the stakeholders and all the current and potential partners of the Lake-Sumter MPO for a day of discussing transportation in a regional context.
Attendees of the summit heard an overview of the many agencies with which the MPO coordinates and of the many modes of transportation addressed through the MPO process. Listed below are some of the presentations that were given at the summit.
- Bob Romig, Florida Department of Transportation, Central Office, Tallahassee (Keynote Speaker) (526 KB)
- Mary Martin, Central Florida MPO Alliance (240 KB)
- Randy Fox, Florida Turnpike Enterprise (5.46 MB)
- Mike Snyder, Orlando Orange County Expressway Authority (2.26 MB)
- Lisa Bacot, Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (387 KB)
- LaChant Barnett, LYNX (192 KB)
- Jim Sparks, Sumter County Transit (654 KB)
- Mike Woods, Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee / Lake County Public Works (4.75 MB)
- Bob Wallace, Lake-Sumter MPO (3.98 MB)