For immediate release - September 14, 2007
Lake-Sumter MPO, Lake County Commissioners to host visioning session with local elected officials on Sept. 19
TAVARES — The Lake-Sumter Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and the Lake County Board of County Commissioners will hold a community visioning session with local elected officials on Wednesday, Sept. 19, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Lake County Agricultural Center, located at 1951 Woodlea Road in Tavares.
Elected officials that were invited include Constitutional Officers, Lake County School Board, Lake County Water Authority, municipalities and Lake Soil & Water Conservation District.
"The purpose of the meeting is for the elected leaders of Lake County and its municipalities to assemble and continue a meaningful dialogue on the direction of our community," said T.J. Fish, Executive Director of the Lake-Sumter MPO.
The meeting, titled "Our Community — Our Future," includes discussion topics:
• Follow-up of the 2050 Urban Population Centers Map
• Lake-Sumter MPO's role in a visionary transportation network
• Discussion of the legislative changes that will affect growth
• Discussion of the upcoming interlocal agreement on the MPO’s Transportation Concurrency Management System
• Discussion of potential regional visioning with Sumter and Marion counties
For more information, contact the Lake-Sumter MPO at (352) 315-0170.
View Meeting Agenda
Public Information Coordinator
Office: (352) 343-9609; Cell: (352) 455-0445